Friday 25 January 2013

My Favourites...

My favourite designers have always varied but there are some fashion houses that are always there, the ones that you look forward to seeing. My specials have always been Valentino, Isabel Marant, Alexander McQueen and Louis Vuitton. I think that these designers have always caught my eye because they are classically perfect, they are classics in the fashion world and never drop from the bar they have set, year after year.

Valentino have always be home to a special place in my heart ever since falling in love with a Valentino bag in Debenhams. I saw it from the other side of the shop, glinting in the light as if sent by god (I'm very dramatic), i ran to the other side of the shop, pushing old ladies sniffing Chanel No.5 in the process. Once i got to the beloved bag my heart sank, it was way to expensive for me to even look at. And that was the point at which my heart fell in love. Ever sine then i have been following Valentino, obsessing over couture dresses and suited models. Their couture label at their Spring 2013 Couture show was phenomenal. Lace dresses with beautiful waistlines, wrought iron inspired capes, what else is needed?

 



Valentino Couture Spring 2013
Isabel Marant i always think produces gorgeous clothes. I first saw Isabel Marants work at Paris Fashion Week 2012 where she showcased a wide range of flattering, effortlessly, girly and perfect clothes. I am a great believer that fashion should not only be beautiful but also wearable and Marant makes that possible in my eyes.


Isabel Marant at Paris Fashion Week
2012
Alexander McQueen is by far one of the best fashion labels around today. The ideas they have and the imagination in their team is phenomenal, they make me gawp at their endless compassion to shock and surprise makes me dribble with excitement. I got exposed to Alexander McQueen from a young age, i have a memory of watching a documentary on BBC about Alexander McQueen's life, death and fashion. i was amazed. i thought that he was such an amazing person with an incredible desire to push boundaries and shock your minds. My first fashion book was Alexander McQueen 'Savage Beauty' and i totally would recommend it to anyone and everyone who is interested. The book is 99% pictures with a 5 page interview with Sarah Burton at the back, a-maze-ing. Lastly, the one thing i really to love about McQueen is that he always made it about the clothes and never the models, exactly how it should be!



Alexander McQueen Couture 2012
Finally, Louis Vuitton. Its a running fashion house that never ceases to amaze my eyes. the perfectness of simple lines, neat edges and show stopping performances-catwalk concerned. I think that Marc Jacobs has done a great job for Louis Vuitton and that he is really changing the fashion industry for the better. I mean, you don't get better than Vuitton, its recognisable, beautiful.




Louis Vuitton Paris Fashion Week 2013
Love and Sparkles, Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment